- Athelstan – the first King of England buried in my home town of Malmesbury
- Diana Dors – big in the 60′s (in more ways than one)
- Sir Christopher Wren – quite an architect in his day!
- Melinda Messenger – famous on two counts!
- Douglas Hurd - one of Maggies lap dogs!
- Michael Crawford – famous phantom
The list goes on. But the news today that Wootton Bassett which is only a few miles from my home town of Malmesbury is to be granted Royal status did make me proud to be a Wiltshire man!
I would like to think that it goes to show that country people (for that is what most of us Witshire MoonRakers are) know how to behave and relate to our fellow citizens.
Well done Royal Wootton Bassett you have done us proud!