- 1. password
- 2. 123456
- 4. qwerty
- 5. abc123 – so this first 5 are pretty stupid!
- 6. monkey – but this one? why would anyone think “I know it’s monkey”
- 7. 1234567
- 8. letmein
- 9. trustno1
- 10. dragon – errr…. not too obvious unless you are a bit sad?
- 11. baseball – only in America?
- 12. 111111
- 13. iloveyou
- 14. master
- 15. sunshine – no, I just don’t get this one either!
- 16. ashley – or this one
- 17. bailey – who the hell is bailey?
- 18. passw0rd – does thinking this is clever make me sad?
- 19. shadow – didn’t see that one coming……
- 20. 123123
- 21. 654321 – sneaky doing it backwards!
- 22. superman
- 23. qazwsx – now who would have thought of that….
- 24. michael – that common a name? I thought not.
- 25. football – for all you footy fans out there
So in reality half of this ‘re-searched’ list has come from a small group of slightly sad people who like dragons and perhaps included Ashley, Bailey and Michael.
So yes, don’t use an obvious password (the first 5 are good examples), but no one is really going to guess your brother’s name or your first hamsters name (unless it’s ashley of course!)
I use a password manager on my computer and iPhone, I have used the same one for years – ewallet – it is fabulous and I have a huge and safe database of information, and all I need to remember is one password to get into it – simple. I really cannot recommend something like this enough. It makes life so much less stressful!